The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
ITD/Transportation Technology Group
Work Location: 2302 W. Durango Street, Phoenix, AZ
Position Description: This position will be working under the direction of the project development manager, while supporting the operation and maintenance team of Transportation Technology Group. This position will be the responsible to ensure smooth operation of ramp meter system, traffic signal control system, and Archived Data System, monitoring the performance, evaluate any issues, find solution and implement the required changes of the above systems and be the liaison between operation and project development. Will be assisting project development staff in project management, perform ongoing studies to evaluate system effectiveness, perform ongoing traffic studies required for setting FMS operational parameters, manage traffic data interchange with other departments and outside agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- ITS concepts and application.
- Traffic Analysis
- Traffic flow theory, basic traffic engineering principles and practices, Phoenix Freeway systems and methods used to adjust traffic signal parameters.
- Traffic flow calculations, traffic operations, studies and designs, including traffic flow theory concepts.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Operating PC computer system, window based computer software experience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Prioritizing events and situations.
Ideal Candidate: Will have a BS in Civil engineering or related field and experience with ITS systems and traffic studies.
- Work independently, make decisions and communicate effectively with co-workers.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 13 months ago