The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
Transportation Engineering Specialist
ITD/Tucson District/Regional Traffic
Work Location: 1221 S. 2nd Avenue, Tucson, AZ.
Position Description: Incumbent will review reports, plans, and engineering studies submitted by consultants to ensure compliance with ADOT standards, policies and procedures. Represent the regional traffic engineer at meetings and implement directives as they apply to regional traffic engineering issues. Keep abreast of Federal and State statutes, and agency policies, guidelines and procedures governing civil engineering and traffic engineering practices on state highways; as needed will collect field data for traffic engineering studies. Analyze field data and prepare written reports, with recommendations, for roadway geometrics, traffic signals, signing and striping, parking, pedestrian crosswalks, speed zones, lighting, traffic impacts, capacity analyses, accident analyses and highway inspections. Perform and assist in highly or moderately complex analysis and design of roadway elements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Traffic engineering, standards and applications.
- Interpretation of policies, guidelines and procedures governing traffic design and traffic engineering applications.
- Roadway planning and roadway design.
- Research techniques in accident investigations.
- Oral and written communication,
- Analyzing and evaluating a wide variety of engineering data,
- Researching, reading and interpreting a variety of technical traffic engineering documents,
- Organizing and prioritizing work assignments.
Ideal Candidate: Bachelor's of Science degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field and two years traffic engineering experience equivalent to a Transportation Engineering Associate; or five years experience traffic engineering experience as a Senior Transportation Engineering Technician level (grade S7 or above.
- Use mathematical computations,
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless other wise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona
- 2 years ago - save job