The Transportation Specialist is responsible for coordinating the transport of freight. This person will dictate the pickup time, delivery time and any special requirements for a load to all company's drivers, dedicated drivers and 3rd party carriers.
The Specialist is responsible for providing superior customer service by utilizing a CMC Asset or by tendering loads using a 3rd party carrier to meet all On Time Delivery metrics set forth by CMC.
This position works closely with external carriers and internal customers to provide follow up and communication from time of tender to physical delivery of product to the customer.
High School Diploma required; Associate or Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in Transportation or Steel related background.
- Other needed areas of knowledge: dispatch experience, knowledge of trucking operations, brokerage, load tendering, SAP or customer service / sales order entry is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and additional computer skills (Enterprise software, Microsoft software, PC Miler, SAP a plus, TM systems a plus, etc.).
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be detailed oriented
Commercial Metals Company - 19 months ago