Under general direction, services orders and dispatches equipment, ensuring on-time pick-up and delivery performance consistent with corporate objectives. Communicates with agents, van operators, vendors, and other personnel to maximize equipment utilization, profitability, and service while adhering to van line policies and procedures.
• Plans and approves orders to vans in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and efficiently uses hauling capacity.
• Maximizes line haul revenue and maintains available equipment lists for units.
• Independently communicates and negotiates with the agency system concerning order, assignment changes and unique orders requirements.
• Communicates with other planners, dispatchers, van operators, vendors, and customers to ensure that commitments are kept.
• Reviews and maintains proper driver rating assignments for monitored account shipments.
• Resolves and documents problem situations in a timely, thorough manner.
• Monitors agency workflow screens and communicates with the agents/drivers to maximize utilization of equipment and other resources.
• Ensure weighing and reweighing procedures are followed.
• Monitors equipment activity to ensure agency/van operators' compliance with operational policies, procedures, and D.O.T. regulations.
• Relays pertinent operations information to other departments (i.e., Customer Service, Claims, Safety, etc.).
• Bundles and reviews orders, responds to quotes (TAG requests), sends G-11 notices, ensures that monitored National Account customers are properly serviced and completes necessary documentations as required.
• Monitors various reports pertaining to G-11's, quote requests, on time deliveries, and Fleet utilization.
• Makes independent decisions which include and ensure that expenditures of additional monies are kept within department guidelines.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associates degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Six months experience in a customer service role
• Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. geography (locations of and relative distances between major cities).
• Willing and able to work varying schedules and additional hours to meet deadlines, including weekends when needed.
• Able to access, enter, modify, and retrieve data on a computer. Proficient using various mainframe and web-based applications, such as, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Explorer and email.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and compose business correspondence/reports.
• Willing to travel as necessary.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Two or more years of transportation/operations experience.
• Relevant business experience (such as logistics, shipping, dispatching, planning).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Works effectively as part of a team and independently.
• Exhibits highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills, investigate and resolve complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
UniGroup, Inc. - 8 months ago