This is a Union position
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Provides transportation of medicl and surgeical patients and assorted patient care equipment, specimens, records or supplies between clinical services in the hospital. Functions under current value system and mission and applicable safety and patient care protocols of hospital and performance standards identified for the job.
1. Transport patients by schedule and on request between OR, Imaging, PACU and other clinical service areas, utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
2. Transports materials such as supplies, specimens, records, etc. (assignment area varies).
3. May be responsible for conference room equipment set ups, patient care equipment transfers.
4. Pleasantly identifies patient by name and identification bracelet and greets family and visitors in a caring and courteous manner.
5. Provides privacy, covering and comfort during transfers between beds and during transport through public and department corridors.
6. Conveys concern and interest in the patient and family during transport. Guides and instructs family regarding waiting rooms, time frames to anticipate (if appropriate), physician coordination, etc.
7. Maintains patient/family conversation privacy and confidentiality.
8. Seeks clinical help when necessary for patient and own safety.
9. Uses ergonomically correct procedures and care when moving patient equipment.
10. Provides good customer service to service areas, the public and coworkers.
11. Maintains professional diplomacy and tact during ever-changing priorities and demands from service responsibilities.
12. Supports clinical staff on request when able with assorted non-clinical tasks (specimens to Lab, equipment acquisitions, etc.
13. Participates in financial responsibilities.
14. Organizes time well and sets priorities to get work done without overtime.
15. Utilizes resources given to do job and does not waste them.
16. Is flexible to adjustments in work assignments as service needs change.
17. Consistently performs safe and repetitious transfers.
18. Follows established transfer and safety protocols.
19. Maintains and pursues educational development opportunities applicable to responsibilities, (i.e. attends in-services, safety training, unit meetings, etc.)
20. Makes suggestions and recommendations to solve problems.
21. Functions reliably under emergencies/crisis situations.
22. May operate a company vehicle in the transporting of equipment, supplies, specimens, records, etc.
23. Meets supervisors and their own goals for performance improvement and increased effectiveness.
24. Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
25. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
26. Performs other duties as require or assigned.
EDUCATION: 'X High school diploma or equivalent required. 'X
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: 'X Previous patient care experience is preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: 'X Valid Washington State or Oregon State Driver¡¿s License is required.
'X CPR certification is required.
OTHER SKILLS: 'X Good physical and mental health is required.
'X Good customer service skill is required.
'X Good interpersonal skill is required.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Employees of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
PeaceHealth - 9 months ago
PeaceHealth provides patients with a tranquil place to recover. Make that several tranquil places to recover. PeaceHealth serves residents i...