University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Translating Research into Action (TRAction) Project
Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Translating Research into Action (TRAction) Project ( http://www.tractionproject.org ) is a global implementation science effort focused on supporting research in the areas of Maternal Neonatal Child Health (MNCH). TRAction awards funding to research organizations, especially those from developing countries, to develop, test, and compare approaches to more effectively deliver, increase utilization, achieve coverage, and scale-up priority evidence-based interventions. The project works with USAID/Washington; USAID missions; regional, host country and U.S. research organizations; other USAID MNCH projects; as well as other donors and service-delivery partners and Ministries of Health. TRAction supports research efforts from USAID Missions interested in bringing implementation science into their health programs. This project is directed by URC in collaboration with its partner, the Harvard University School of Public Health (HSPH).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Implementation Scientist position provides leadership for health, malaria, WASH, and nutrition research initiatives and reports to the Director for the TRAction Project. The position comprises a combination of technical assistance and managerial project support, development of methods and tools, and proposal development.
- Provide backstopping support to TRAction Project Technical Support Team members, including tailored technical assistance in TRAction sub-awardees in priority regions and areas;
- Develop collaborative working relationships with in-country counterparts, clients and implementing/research partners;
- Provide technical support for research studies on design, analysis, and dissemination;
- Respond to ad hoc requests for technical input on new and existing research protocols; and
- Develop and oversee the development of research tools and methods in collaboration with partners and TRAction team members.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- PhD, or equivalent in public health, development, or a related field;
- A minimum of ten years’ experience supporting health and research programs (experience in Implementation Science Research desired);
- Experience in Asia and/or Africa (especially with local research institutions);
- Experience supporting USAID-funded programs strongly preferred; and
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
You must attach your CV/Resume and Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 5 months ago