Altarum is seeking a candidate to serve as a Program Analyst to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support the Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA) in San Antonio, TX. The Program Analyst will assist AFMOA in performing analysis and integrative work as it relates to TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration functions including the determination for eligibility for care, protecting medical information, managing health records, the preparation and disposition of medical documentation and managing other administrative activities to support patients. Performs a wide range of analytical and administrative duties that contribute to the formulation, presentation, evaluation, coordination, and justification of Air Force Surgeon General (AF/SG) plans and programs.
Altarum integrates independent research and client-centered consulting to create comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health. With the rigor of the finest research institution, consulting skills honed over more than six decades, and an abiding commitment to the public interest, Altarum Institute enables better care and better health for all people.
- Interprets and assesses the impact of Congressional, Department of Defense (DOD), Health Affairs (HA), TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) and others directives, policies, and guidance upon AF/SG plans, programs and resources; and, coordinates with proper, process owning HQ staff member(s) to assist in the design of executable procedures.
- Provides support for and drafts studies and analyses as they relate to the TRICARE program and the Managed Care Support Contractor (MCSC). Work includes portions of broad studies with complex variables and/or narrow studies requiring intensive research. Partners with data analytic subject matter experts and levers corporate data analytic resources to maximize studies and analyses effectiveness.
- Must be able to write clearly understood reports. Supports composition of reports and addendum and composes portions of detailed multi-disciplinary reports and briefings to support internal and external data calls.
- Supports presentation of reports with graphics and decision support systems.
- Relays requirements for complex data queries to corporate decision support analyst SMEs, and analyzes resulting information. Analyzes data using DoD and Military Health Service (MHS) systems. Uses standard information processing software to include Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Communicates information to management. Analyzes, extracts, summarizes, and identifies significant trends and issues. Analyzes mission, projected and actual, to develop informative decision briefings for AFMS senior leadership.
- Conducts basic trends analysis, forecasts and estimates and prepares reports, justifications, charts, graphs, and narrative data, etc., for top-level presentations and briefings.
- Develops and presents AF/SG briefings, presentations, and issue papers for visiting staff representatives.
- Prepares special reports, summaries, and replies in response to correspondence from all levels of the organization. Recommendations may represent significant departures from established work operations.
Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator (BCAC). For further information related to this position, see Section 3B-Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator (BCAC).
- 10+ years of experience in Military Health System (MHS) healthcare management is desirable
- Master's Degree with a desired major in one of the following or a comparable area: Hospital/Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management Systems
- Familiarity with MHS systems and data is critical; knowledge, use, and application of MHS data systems are a significant plus.
- Knowledge of MHS and delivery process including ambulatory, inpatient, pharmacy, population, cost/budget and enrollment data sources.
- Knowledge of MHS, OASD (HA), TMA management structure.
- Knowledge of the TRICARE Program to include Managed Care Support Contractors (MCSC), beneficiary and provider services, and Utilization Management/Utilization Review (UM/UR). This includes but is not limited to the following activities:
Debt Collection Assistance Officer (DCAO). For further information related to this position, see Section 3C-Debt Collection Assistance Officer (DCAO).
TRICARE On-Line (TOL). For further information related to this function, see Section 3G-TRICARE On-Line.
TRICARE Marketing and Education.
Health Plan Analysis.
Resource Sharing Agreements.
Clinical Support Agreements.
Referral management center.
- Experience in healthcare modeling (econometric, statistical, mathematical, population based, etc.) is desirable
- Experience with MHS or healthcare planning, network development, provider practice pattern analysis, and utilization analysis is desirable.
- Must have track record of increasing responsibility in healthcare systems.
- Must be able to develop a detailed understanding of the client’s environment and needs.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance (Requires sole US citizenship).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 14 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...