The TRIO Director position exists to manage and supervise a program that works with first generation, low income and disabled students to make them successful graduating a two year college and/or transferring to a four year college.
Examples of duties:
- Manage and supervise the TRIO program which exists to develop comprehensive services for low-income, first generation and disabled students.
- Supervise staff of the TRIO program to assure that assigned tasks are performed effectively and program objectives are accomplished.
- Maintain administrative records, manage budgets, and develop performance reports for programs according to federal, state, and campus requirement.
- Write TRIO and other grant applications, as needed.
- Promote community relations with students, college, community agencies, and Department of Education.
- Master’s degree or above in counseling, education or related field
- M inimum of three years experience in counseling, advising, or student support for underrepresented students in a two-year college environment with the objectives of retention, good grades, and graduation. This includes experience with first generation students and students with low incomes or disabilities.
- At least two years experience with academic and/or career assessment instruments including statistical analysis.
- Ability to relate to racially and culturally diverse individuals, and people with disabilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, knowledge of budgets, and experience with supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of careers, post-secondary systems, financial aid, and application procedures.
- History and/or experience working to overcome barriers in achieving college success.
- Direct experience writing and managing large public/federal grant projects.
- At least two years experience directing student support programs in a two-year college.
- Experience with research and statistical analysis.
- Experience in budget management.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 17 months ago