TTS Fleet Maintenance Manager
Reports to: TTS Director of Operations Department: TTS
Revision Date: 12/11/2012 Division: RMSS
Responsible for the overall management of maintenance for the TTS fleet of test vehicles and assist with helping to develop improved operating and maintenance methods. Candidate must be proficient in a fast paced challenging environment and handle all planning and execution of maintenance activities to support needs for the TTS Ops group to effectively serve their customers.
- Help design and develop equipment that is safe to maintain and operate.
- Develop maintenance practices that can ensure fleet maintenance performed in a safe manner.
- Maintain required regulatory maintenance records
- Human Resources
- Assist Dir of Ops and Ops Managers in managing annual training program.
- Develop maintenance training courses to develop crews of TTS units
- Assist in planning, organizing and preparing training materials for TTS training programs.
- Organize / Deliver / Instruct courses in TTS annual training program.
- Interface with all support departments to ensure maintenance needs of division are being met and participate in inter-departmental projects.
- Customer Service
- Develop and implement a scheduled maintenance program for fleet using company enterprise software system incorporating purchasing, warehouse and accounting depts.
- Provide on-call support to Ops Managers, their field personnel and units as required to support and assist in troubleshooting failures and response to emergency needs.
- Provide a maintenance service to Ops Managers and unit crews to meet demands of their customers.
- Oversee management of spare parts inventory, stock releases, shipping, receiving & warranties.
- Manage TTS Field Maintainer on efficient schedule to perform effective planned field maintenance and service TTS field units.
- Manage effective organizing and reporting of all TS maintenance activities / WO’s and parts in IFS system with objective of tracking and lowering costs. Includes shop and field maintenance activities.
- Organize maintenance activities in Crete with, parts, materials and labor all organized prior to program start date to reduce idle time and organize expedient repairs and lower costs.
- Manage Spare parts lists and assist in setting appropriate inventory levels to meet field needs through effective planning.
- Develop / document standardized maintenance procedures for fleet.
- Participate in teams assigned to overhaul or build new units and develop specifications for units that lead to improved reliability and maintainability of equipment.
- Handle post-mortem analysis for new unit builds or overhaul projects for improvements in costs reduction/maintainability and reliability analysis.
- Facilitate the divisions ISO certification process & ongoing compliance requirements
- Identify process problems, issue corrective actions & recommend changes for improved work methods, maintenance methods review and process NCR’s, OFI’s and CAR’s.
- Document and create work instructions for planned maintenance activities
- Participate in internal/external audits
- Financial Management
- Manage all aspects of the TTS maintenance activities.
- Work with Reliability Engineer to identify weak systems in TS fleet and lower operating costs.
- Develop maintenance budgets for units and perform cost control analysis on projects
- Develop various reports to measure maintenance activities
- Management of inventory control, project WO’s, equipment pool budget’s
- Participate develop and implement strategic plans & other departmental teams
- Assist Dir of Ops and GM on critical projects / key reporting requirements.
- Able to walk on uneven ground
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds is regularly
- Able to work in confined spaces under and around equipment
- Able to work varying shifts
- Ability to climb a steep ladder frequently
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to grease and dirt conditions
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Exposure to railroad operating conditions (PPE Required)
Wage Type: Salaried Exempt
- High School Graduate or GED
- Detail oriented and have strong mechanical abilities
- Ability to read electrical / hydraulic schematics
- General knowledge of railroad operations / standards / practices related to Track Testing
- Strong computer skills
- CDL Class B drivers license
- Willingness to travel 20%
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Holland LP - 17 months ago