Operates a Computerized Graphics Tufting Machine with forward reel controls.
Major Functions and Scope:
Performs any combination or all of the following duties:
- Operates tufting machine (Ex. Threading and/or replacing needles, replace cutting blades, align cutting blade block, hook replacement).
- Repairs yarn breaks in creels and beams with splicer
- Conducts machine set up checks (production checklist, “deck board” and backing verification).
- Compares tufted carpet to griege standard and side/center/side match.
- Performs quality inspection during production runs, mends voids in carpets as required.
- Changes backing as required.
- Doffs off carpet rolls as required.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to Operate, setup, and repair pattern graphic and/or full repeat scroll tufting machines.
- Computer literate with the ability to operate tufting machines with computer driven yarn feed systems.
- Good math and verbal skills with the ability to lead others.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with the desire for constant improvement of the tufting process.
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating a pattern graphics and/or full repeat scroll tufting machine.
Mohawk Industries - 13 months ago
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the...