Do you like the thrill of a good hunt? Consider yourself to be an expert matchmaker? If so, this could be your big opportunity to shine!
Our Talent Acquisition & Development (TAD) Department is looking for an expert Talent Scout to support and partner with our Senior Recruitment team. This position will collaborate with various Corporate and Student Facing Departments within the organization to develop strategic sourcing and pipelining efforts. It is the Talent Scout’s responsibility to ensure top quality talent is presented to each Senior Recruiter and Hiring Manager, every time.
Reporting to the TAD Manager, the TAD Talent Scout will have regular interaction with Senior Recruiters and Hiring Managers across the business. This person will actively pursue, pre-screen and decipher who will characteristically and culturally be the right fit, all while sustaining excellent relations with hiring managers, candidates, and the community at large. This position demands an uncommon balance of delivering results and drive, self-motivation, along with interpersonal savvy and leadership abilities. If you have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, ever-changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks, then this could be the right fit for you.
Essential Job Duties:
• Proactive sourcing and pipelining of qualified candidates by leveraging social media, networking, online recruiting resources, and in-house applicant tracking system
• Assess all candidates using behavioral and character-based methodologies and discern top candidates to present to Senior Recruiters and Hiring Managers
• Evaluate online applications/resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to a variety of position requirements
• Develop and maintain Hiring Manager relationships: setting expectations, conducting strategy meetings, creating requisitions
• Engage and pre-screen candidate pool in order to evaluate and recommend top talent to Recruiting partners
• Be a key player in elevating talent across the organization
• Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure compliance
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Attend events (i.e. career fairs, networking groups, etc.) as needed to support TAD / Admissions Departments
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• 3+ years of agency or corporate recruiting experience
• Sourcing expertise: Extensive experience with attracting, proactively sourcing and pipelining a high volume of qualified and diverse talent; ability to consciously pursue cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the Senior Recruiters and Hiring Managers
• Strong knowledge and expertise in effectively utilizing social media
• Proven success and track record of strong networking capabilities
• Capacity to support and partner with multiple Recruiters and Departments
• Imperative to have advanced business acumen, particularly in negotiation and decision-making skills
• Exceptional professionalism, discretion and judgment under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, high volume and ever changing environment
• Devise and execute work goals independently and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of general human resources topics (recruiting, application process, interview hiring)
• Excellent phone presentation skills, professional level written and oral communication skills, as well as a disposition and character that aligns with the TAD culture
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, process and procedures
• Intermediate experience in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
• BA or BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, Psychology or related field required
• AIRS Certification: PRC/CIR a plus
For additional information, please visit bridgepointeducation.com
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 14 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...