Arup is a global firm of consulting engineers, planners and consultants, providing engineering design, planning and project management services for civil, industrial and building projects. The firm is well respected by both clients and competitors for its professionalism, quality of work and integrity of operations. Arup is regarded as a worldwide leader within the professional engineering field, known for creative thinking and innovative designs that are prominent examples of excellence in the built environment.
Arup has 72 offices in 32 countries around the world, with more than 10,000 staff. The Americas Region has over 1,000 staff in 12 cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, DC, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. The firm has global revenues around $1.6B of which some $260M is generated by the Americas Region. The Region has an ambitious plan to triple in size by 2020, adding more locations and diversifying business offerings. Effective and timely talent acquisition is a key component of our 2020 Plan.
In this challenging and new role, the Americas Talent Acquisition Manager leads recruitment strategy and provides direction on all talent acquisition matters for our operations throughout the United States, Canada and Latin America. The Talent Acquisition Manager will work closely with our Senior HR Leader, Region Board and other business leaders to set the vision and direction for attracting talent across the Americas. This role will report directly to the Americas Senior HR Leader lead a team of 5+ full time recruitment staff, as well as recruit for a number of positions.. The Talent Acquisition Manager will collaborate with Arup’s Americas HR and Marketing team to further develop and implement Arup’s Employer Brand Awareness.
- Proactively work with HR and Business Leaders on developing efficient and effective strategies for attracting top caliber employees in a high-growth, technical skill based and competitive environment.
- Develop, drive and implement hiring plans in partnership with the business and HR; identify and implement improvements to staffing processes.
- Facilitate a consolidated hiring plan across all businesses and geographies to ensure the right staffing levels are achieved/ maintained and implement activities to support the business.
- Develop and maintain quality internal and external candidate pipeline, developing a pool of “top talent” and ensure existing talent with Arup is effectively used.
- Work with managers to provide guidance annually, on developing their staffing plan, the talent acquisition budget and managing cost and spending to budget.
- Provide strategic direction focused on talent acquisition for current needs and future growth.
- Develop targeted sourcing channels to meet expected targets
- Optimize direct sourcing capabilities
- Digital and non-digital employment marketing
- Implement process for tapping into passive candidate pools
- Deliver creative and consultative talent acquisition solutions/ campaigns to management, including college recruiting program.
Lead transformational projects to continue to build a world class talent acquisition organization, examples may include, tools and technology assessment, recruitment campaigns, quality of hire analysis, candidate experience life cycle, compliance auditing and continued learning.
- Develop and support Arup’s diversity and inclusion goals by ensuring diverse candidates are presented to managers for all positions.
Define new resources and strategies to build a diverse talent pool for key positions and all openings across our businesses.
- Provide input into and support an employer branding strategy to create awareness among target source channels and working to establish Arup as an “Employer of Choice”
- Leverage technology to enhance the applicant tracking system processes and systematic tools that ensure quality of hiring, data integrity, ease of use for hiring managers, candidates and other internal partners and promote consistent use of the system.
- Build a team with various levels of skills and talent to support an efficient specialized recruiting process and meet agreed KPI’s.
Provide innovative insight and ideas for filling complex positions.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including EEO statistics.
- Develop and implement metrics and regular reporting the key talent acquisitions metrics that measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the talent acquisition activities.
- Oversee relationships with external search firms, negotiate and manage contractual relationships, both retained and contingent, contract recruiters and temporary labor.
Also manage vendor relationships, such as LinkedIn, TMP.
Masters’s degree in the area of Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organization Development or equivalent; plus 15 years related experience.
Hold at least one of the following certifications:
Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR)
Elite Certified Recruitment Expert (ECRE) by AIRS Organization
Strategic business leader who understands the business vision, strategy and financial priorities
Previous experience managing a recruiting team, which includes staff development, coaching team members and the ability to motivate a team.
High degree of initiative, must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
Must have proven abilities to effectively work with all levels of management and develop effective working relationships
Must be able to drive the recruiting process forward and provide creative solutions to complex recruiting
Excellent verbal and written communication, networking and influencing skills.
Ability to excel in a fast paced, high volume operation with tight deadlines and high customer service expectations
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong negotiation skills with successful track record of closing deals.
Seek opportunity to improve effectiveness and efficiency of recruiting
Knowledge of United States Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations
Knowledge of recruitment practices in Canada and Brazil
Approximately 30% travel required.
Arup - 14 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...