Established in 1989, National Interstate is one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the country. We offer more than 30 different insurance products, including traditional insurance, innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs for commercial companies and insurance for specialty vehicle owners. We are able to provide innovative and customized insurance products because of the talented and dedicated members of our team. National Interstate employs over 500 employees in offices in Northeast Ohio, PA, HI, and MO.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to; championing all efforts for the effective, timely, ethical and compliant sourcing and placement of optimal talent through the application of advanced recruiting methodologies and technologies. Acting as a vital resource in ensuring new employees are acclimated to the organization in an engaged, productive, and efficient manner.
- Designs, develops, and maintains the recruitment process to identify and attract top talent by utilizing current market intelligence and innovative recruitment techniques that will enhance the company’s culture.
- Partners with hiring managers to insure expectations are in line with search parameters, position requirements, and the needs of the organization.
- Drives new methods in web-based recruiting and expansion into social networking communities to create robust talent pipelines into the organization.
- Insures data accuracy, integrity, completeness and security in all technology systems assigned to manage, particularly the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Manages all aspect of university recruiting including; university relations, career fair participation, engagement/speaking opportunities, etc.
- Establishes strong business relationships with hiring managers by participating in departmental and/or individual meetings with managerial employees to develop an in-depth knowledge of their recruitment needs.
- Manages all vendor relationships for the organization in regards to the hiring process: third-party recruiting agencies, job boards, background screening, drug testing, etc.
- Develops, markets, and manages all aspects of organizational “employment brand” to enhance attraction, engagement, and retention initiatives.
- Manages all aspects of the on boarding process to support new hires introduction and engagement with the organization.
- Effectively utilizes metrics and reporting to positively affect cost, quality, and cycle time.
- Leads a strategically focused recruiting team that works effectively, collaboratively and creatively with individuals and teams throughout the organization.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations affecting hiring practices.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge, skills and competencies to enhance individual innovation and productivity.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent educational field. Preference for PHR/ SPHR certification or Recruiter certification.
- Minimum ten years of increasing responsibility in recruiting/talent acquisition in a high volume, multi-location, insurance or financial services organization preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with social media, job boards, and other emerging recruiting processes and technologies.
- Strong project management skills; the ability to document and communicate project plans, monitor work in process, achieve project milestones, and drive results for others to understand.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to collaborate with people and on projects to attain and grow effective partnerships with all functions and meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as third-party contracts, procedure manuals, and federal employment law guidelines, such as EEO and ADA.