There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Bridgepoint Education, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change every day. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing well, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
We are looking for a Talent Development Program Manager with experience developing and facilitating talent development programs. This opportunity requires an experienced individual who will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing talent development solutions for our organization and institutions.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to lead, build and influence relationships in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Successful candidates will demonstrate exceptional project management experience in a human resources/training environment, including needs analysis, designing and implementing talent development solutions.
Located in San Diego, CA/Denver, CO/Clinton, IA the Talent Development Program Manager will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition & Development.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Deploy talent development solutions for various leader levels across the enterprise; this includes, but is not limited to research, program design, curriculum development, and collaboration with internal and external resources
- Ensure strategic alignment for talent development initiatives that deliver business results
- Conduct front-end needs analysis and end-of-program evaluation in order to demonstrate successful program outcomes
- Analyze program costs against plans
- Facilitate talent development solutions as needed
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with business leaders and Human Resource counterparts
- Drive business results through integrated HR thinking by contributing across the Talent Management landscape, including: onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, succession management, career pathing, and professional development.
- Stay current on best practices in talent development
- Develop a repository of external talent development resources (e.g. executive coaches, external courses/curriculum) that supplement internal talent development resources
- Collaborate with internal technology specialists to implement blended learning solutions
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
- Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- 3+ years of management or leadership development and/or Learning and Development, with a minimum of 7 years in a professional capacity
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated success with advanced communication skills in facilitation, influencing others, and creating healthy team dynamics
- Proven abilities in project management methodology and execution
- Experience with instructional design
- Must be willing to travel
- Previous experience managing teams
- Experience with management and leadership development programs
- Exceptional program management skills, independent problem solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, ability to collaborate with others and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with talent management, succession planning, executive development programs and business consulting
- Experience in higher education and/or major corporate Learning & Development environment
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Certifications such as DiSC, Myers-Briggs (MBTI), PCC (Professional Certified Coach), 360 Assessments, Gallup's StrengthsQuest, FranklinCovey, Situational Leadership a plus
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers and @AshfordUCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 20 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...