Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself: fair and square. Today, rooted in its rich heritage, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America’s favorite store. The Company is transforming the way it does business and remaking the customer experience across its 1,100 jcpenney stores and on jcp.com.
We are looking for a talented Regional Talent Director to manage the strategic development and implementation of human resources and employee relations policies and procedures by providing regional related services and programs to operating management.
• Executes the company strategy for employee relations in their market(s).
• Resolves and/or investigates complex or sensitive employee relations issues.
• Provides positive and proactive employee relations consultation, coaching and training to leaders and business partners to ensure understanding of labor relations issues.
• Proactively identifies union organizing activity or employee relations issues and implements strategic solutions to reduce risk and increase positive employee engagement.
• Develops and assists in the delivery of union avoidance training and campaign vehicles for continuous improvement of employee communications.
• Monitors projects, programs, strategies, and activities after implementation, and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Ensures compliance with Company policy, procedures and employment laws.
• Establishes a strategy and synchronization of talent planning to influence and counsel on internal talent acquisition and succession planning.
• Drive the delivery of intentional development for high potential/high performers effectively managing bench strength and future framework.
• Counsel and execute performance management goals assisting in improvement plans.
• Disseminate communication vehicles for HR programs and services to ensure associate awareness and promote engagement.
• Partner with internal clients to ensure compliance of Company policies and procedures while supporting the business operations and strategic goals.
Accomplishments & Core Competencies:
• Sr. HR Generalist with 10+ years experience; union exposure preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to drive the business while creating a culture of great customer service and positive employee engagement.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree strongly preferred; SPHR or PHR highly desirable.
• Experience with multi-location employee relations highly desired.
• Previous retail experience beneficial.
jcp offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical/dental, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan, and a merchandise discount plan. Come be a part of the transformation as we become “America’s Favorite Store” by becoming “America’s Favorite Place to Work”!