Job Title: Leadership Devel Instrctr/Consultant (Talent Mgmt & Devel Administrator)
Job ID: 03426
Division : Human Resources
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Experience working with Executive development & delivery is preferred.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
- A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
The Talent Management and Development Administrator designs, develops, and delivers talent development solutions to the organization. Administers talent management and development programs including performance management, leadership learning programs, and succession planning. Consults with divisional leaders companywide regarding departmental offerings and serves as a subject matter expert internally to the Team HR, the Human Resources Advisor, and HR management.
- Program Administration (50%)
- Provides input to the overall philosophy and strategy for talent management and development programs and aligns programs to meet organizational needs.
- Designs, develops, and delivers talent management and development programs that are work-based, relation-based, and cross-functional to support the corporate strategic plan and organizational priorities.
- Conducts on-going program management, ensuring that program offerings are client-focused, user friendly and add value.
- Evaluates talent management and development programs to determine business and performance impact to organizational leaders. Develops reports on and leverages metrics to measure program performance.
- Consistently strives to improve talent program development and delivery knowledge base, incorporating best practices and trends identified through industry research. Keeps abreast of changing work environments and priorities.
- Markets and implements programs across the organization working in conjunction with human resources advisors and business leaders. Develops program communication plan and ensures consistency across the company.
- Provides relationship management with vendors including general oversight, reporting, mediation of disputes on policy and procedure interpretation, resolution of escalated issues, oversight of general process audits and specific performance audits against service level agreements.
- Consulting (15%)
- Collaborates with Human Resources Advisor to determine the root causes of various organizational performance issues and partners with the client to determine the appropriate talent management and development strategy.
- Effectively builds a business case when introducing recommendations or solutions. Continually monitors the client's threshold for acceptance of recommendations and refines approach and contracted expectations as required.
- Cultivates relationships at all levels of organizational leadership to enhance visibility of talent management development programs and build sponsorship and support for learning solutions.
- Determines if the type of talent management or leadership development solution is to be cascaded through appropriate management levels or developed into standard program offerings or curriculum.
- Maintains awareness of strategic corporate environment and the impacts of changes in organizational direction on talent management and development programs.
- Facilitation/Delivery (15%)
- Delivers selected development activities to organizational leaders.
- Serves as part of a facilitation team that enables organizational executives and senior management to facilitate talent management and development activities within their areas and across the organization.
- Delivers talent management and development programs to the assigned client group, via one-on-one interaction, facilitation, classroom, online or through negotiated vendor services.
- Provide on-going feedback to increase the effectiveness of organizational leaders participating in leader-led learning facilitation.
- Project Management (10%)
- Serves as project leader for talent management and development projects and provides guidance with regard to: project direction, project plans, implementation, measurable results; managing project risks; managing project resources; managing project timeline; weekly reporting.
- Manages project resources. Works with impacted managers on organizational project planning, staff acquisition, and team development.
- Interacts, collaborates and negotiates with all project stakeholders, business partners, and management. Assesses the impact to other departmental projects and programs. Reports project status to management.
- Manages project communications, including planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and administrative closure.
- Technical Expertise and Knowledge Transfer (10%)
- Recognized as expert in designated area(s). Provides technical expertise to others inside and outside HR.
- Takes part in knowledge transfer sessions with industry peers in the following core areas: performance management, career management, leadership talent management, competency management, coaching, leadership assessments, and succession planning.
- Builds own technical expertise in designated area(s) (e.g., researches trends, participates in professional organizations, seeks learning opportunities, etc.).
- Maintains active knowledge of best trends in leadership learning, talent management, and instructional design and delivery related to improving the effectiveness of organizational leaders.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning & Organizing
- Relationship Building
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading large, complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing advanced facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with talent management and development strategies, methods and best practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 18 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...