Leads the implementation of a “talent” strategy for a defined line of business. Conducts workforce planning, creates staffing plans and determine necessary competencies and skills needed for business success. Serves as talent “gatekeeper” by developing business-relevant selection criteria and methods. Facilitates talent assessments, performance management, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities in alignment with corporate models. Coaches managers to excellence in people processes and organizational dynamics. Serves as a trusted advisor to management and as a resource to team members to eliminate friction and barriers to success, and to promote corporate culture. Embeds learning as a value and execute on learning initiatives for line of business. Provides functional expertise in a human resources discipline to other members of the HR team.
Identifies Talent Requirements and establishes plans with LOB Leader and ensures execution
• Works with leadership in determining human capital requirements in alignment with strategic plan and business goals.
• Determines needed skills and competencies and develop staffing plans, acquisition strategies and selection methods working in conjunction with the HR Talent Team.
• Serves as talent “gatekeeper” for assigned LOBs ensuring that those hired provide synergy to the team through diversity, alignment with the Company mission and vision, fit with our culture, and a results orientation.
• Engages business leaders and creates a passion for “talent agency” across all team members.
Creates Talent Development strategies and plans with LOB Leaders and ensures execution
• Participates in the design and facilitates talent management processes for the business unit.
• Manages the assessment processes for the line of business including performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, etc.
• Drives continuous performance improvement, accountability, productivity and quality people processes throughout the line of business in concert with business leadership.
• Ensures goal-setting and reward systems are appropriately designed and utilized to align with goals of the business.
• Promotes a learning environment within line of business.
• Assesses skill gaps, training needs and works with Learning experts to create and execute on necessary job-specific training.
• Promotes learning opportunities; establishes a learning environment and recommends training and resources to grow knowledge and skill capability across the line of business.
Facilitates the continuing evolution of corporate culture for assigned business units in alignment with enterprise model
• Promotes corporate culture initiatives and designs/supports employee engagement and employee brand strategies for the assigned LOBs.
• Coaches managers on employee engagement strategies and people problem-solving.
• Provides advice to managers and team members on people problem-solving, communication and professional development.
• Provides guidance on organizational and job design to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Coordinates employee survey, feedback and action-planning process for LOB.
• Serves as champion of change management ensuring that best practice strategies are practiced.
• Aligns line of business people and culture initiatives with corporate goals and strategies.
• Stimulates innovative and thought-provoking thinking within the business unit.
Serves as a functional expert to the human resources team.
• Provides subject matter expertise in at least one HR discipline; provides advice and training to HR team to improve skills and expand HR competency.
• Leads enterprise human capital projects/programs within scope of expertise.
• Recommends and initiates policy, process or program innovations or changes within area of expertise to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of human capital across the organization.
• Maintains currency in profession and specific area of expertise; recommend best practices and metrics for enhancing and evaluating HR performance.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline. Continuing education to maintain current in field/area of expertise.
5-7 years professional HR experience in a transformational environment. Demonstrated knowledge base equivalent to an experienced HR generalist with at least one area of concentrated expertise. Successful history of working as a team member and a team leader; experience coaching and persuading to effect behavior change.
Compelling presenter and negotiator; strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated good judgment. Solid project management skills; competent in the use of technology and Microsoft Office applications. Passion and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.