Responsible for providing engineering support for the design, development, maintenance and documentation of electric, electronic (hardware/software), optical, pneumatic, and hydraulic control systems for standard and customer equipment.
1 . Design and develop standard and custom electronic analog and digital circuits, hardware, and software for machine control utilizing microprocessor, computer, and PLC based systems.
2 . Design and develop pneumatic and hydraulic control systems. Also, laser and optical systems.
3 . Provide manufacturing assistance in implementation of machine control circuits and panel layouts, overseeing prototype and pilot run controls efforts, and providing and maintaining bills of materials, schematics, and wiring diagrams of controls designs.
4. Determine milestones for assigned projects, direct and oversee design, prototyping and production efforts of outside contractors, engineers, and vendors while purchasing and procuring materials for development, research, prototyping, and maintenance of plastics joining equipment.
5. Develop test apparatus for lab and production test requirements for plastic welding systems.
6. Manage assigned projects, keeping design on schedule, meeting final product cost goals, and keeping overall project within budget while achieving design specifications.
7. Achieve design specifications, cost, and delivery goals for assigned projects.
8 . Contribute to the exchange of plastic joining process control technology between North American and other Branson division worldwide.
9. Support customers, as needed, by providing technical assistance, on-site troubleshooting, and service not covered by field service personnel.
10. Enhance new and existing designs by exploring new controls systems concepts, sensing techniques, statistical process control schemes and alternate methods that may improve the quality, cost and performance of Branson equipment.
11 . Maintain engineering manager’s awareness of design tasks by outline progress through monthly engineering reports.
sologig - 18 months ago