In partnership with the Human Resources Director, ensure the success of agency programs by sourcing the best qualified candidates for all open positions. The Talent Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for interviewing, screening, and referring applicants for direct care, administrative and management positions throughout the agency. This individual will also handle all job requisitions, schedule calibration calls/meetings with department heads. The Recruitment Specialist will also analyze the information provided on a prospective employees application form, conduct phone screens to determine the suitability of the applicant for employment, advice and work with department managers to schedule interviews.
This individual is required to have considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all administrative and specialized functions in the agency, a basic understanding of the Agencys organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Primary Objectives of the Position
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Network through industry contacts, associations memberships, and employees
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives
- Perform administrative duties and recordkeeping
-- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Fill open positions efficiently and effectively
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Utilize the internet for recruiting
-- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting
-- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruiting
-- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
Network Through Industry Contacts, Association Memberships and Employees
Coordinate and Implement College Recruiting Initiatives
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates
- Assist in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within the field
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage job requisitions
- Set up calibration calls
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct phone screens
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in HRIS (including Applicant Flow Data)
- Communicate regularly with hiring managers regarding candidate status
- Complete weekly report on employment activity
- Conduct exit interview on terminating employees
- Assist in performing reference and background screening checks for potential employees
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite
- Assist in preparing and sending offer packages
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects as assigned
This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to agency needs, employee good will and the public image.
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
2. At least (2) years related work experience
3. Knowledge of social networking/job boards
Leake & Watts - 20 months ago
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...