Rising Medical Solutions seeks a qualified junior or senior human resources generalist to join its Talent Management team! (We don't call it HR here!)
To optimize Rising's human resources in order to foster a high-performance culture that attracts, develops, and retains top talent. To support the Talent Management team through employee appreciation, facilitation, training and development, and support.
An outline of major responsibilities is listed below.
General Talent Management Duties
Recruiting and Hiring
- HRIS and employee record maintenance
- Directly assist department managers, supervisors and Talent Manager with employee relations matters when needed (i.e. employee counseling, progressive discipline, probation, termination process, etc.)
- Be a first-line resource to assist employees with questions regarding Rising policies, practices, and procedures, and communicate changes to such.
- Compile reports on success ratios, wellness program statistics, performance management review completion, etc. as well as legally mandated reporting (EEO-1, ERISA 5500, BLS) as needed.
- Keep abreast of HR legislation, employment law, and HR trends/best practices, in order to keep Rising in compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations, with special focus on the location’s state employment law issues.
- Assist in delivering Company culture initiatives, including employee recognition programs, bonus programs, employee communication efforts including Company newsletter, and Company events.
- Assist with initial and open benefit enrollment process.
- Continually improve job skills and knowledge of all company products and services as well as customer issues and needs through ongoing training and self-directed research.
Other duties as assigned.
- Find, attract and hire outstanding employees for roles at Rising. Recruiting duties include sourcing, interviewing, pre-employment checks, on-boarding, and orientation.
- Maintain relationships with staffing agencies, job search companies, etc and coordinate (as needed) with same for new hires and job postings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local universities and career programs, including attending job fairs and networking events.
- Reports to: Talent Manager
- Regularly interacts internally with all Rising staff, potential hires, staffing agencies, college career centers, and industry peers.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years experience in administrative clerical setting for Junior level position
- 2+ years’ exempt-level experience in HR generalist role for Senior level position
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills (listening, writing, group presentations)
- Exceptional people skills (empathy, sincerity, building rapport, networking, etc.)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed time-management, planning, project management and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to keep confidences
- Proven understanding of employment law and HR compliance issues
- Personable – able to meet and greet new people, and welcome them into the organization
- Professional, respectful, highly independent, responsive, and flexible
- Good Microsoft Office and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet searches, etc).
- Adept at learning and adapting emerging human resources-related technologies to Rising’s processes and culture (e.g. applicant tracking systems, performance management systems, HRIS, etc).
- Customer-service oriented.
- Must embrace and personify Rising's core values and fully support Rising's mission and objectives (This person will be many prospective employees’ first impression of Rising).
- Must be able to travel to other Company offices as needed (likely one day every other week).
Headquartered in Chicago, RISING Medical Solutions is a privately-held, financial solutions organization offering medical cost containment and care management services. With offices, providers, and case managers nationwide, RISING provides comprehensive medical claims solutions to our valued clients: insurance carriers, Fortune 1000 employers, third party administrators, and government organizations. At RISING, we’re committed to:
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Employment within a firm committed to core values, staff development, emerging technology, private ownership, and controlled growth/reinvestment in the future.
- Opportunity to make a difference in reducing health care costs and increasing the value of health care to individuals and their employers.
- Daily interaction with some of the most talented people in the medical cost-containment industry.
- Continuous technological improvement
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Commitment to seven core values that emphasize teamwork, ethical behavior, customer service, continual improvement, positive attitude, focus on what's really important, and keeping a sense of humor
- Responding quickly to client needs
- Being the best, not the biggest
Rising Medical Solutions, Inc - 24 months ago
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Rising (http://www.risingms.com) is a leading medical-financial solutions organization that services the...