California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of Talent Management, the Talent Specialist independently plans, manages, and reports on assigned DIR-wide talent and personnel activities and special projects. Serving as an integral part of the team, the Specialist will support the goals and priorities of the AVP of Advancement Services and partner with and support other DIR staff to ensure proactive and strategic deployment of programs and services related to talent and personnel. This position requires a thorough understanding and application of internal DIR processes and Institute policies and procedures, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment. A keen attention to detail and a high customer service orientation will be important for success.
Coordinate the development and management of the new staff orientation program for all DIR employees.
Provide substantive support for both in-house and contract staff training efforts, including agenda setting, securing speakers, identifying and booking venues and catering (with Events colleagues), producing PowerPoints, handouts, etc. Provide similar support for regular All Hands meetings.
Provide administrative support for staff HR processes including new hire, termination, compensation, reclassification, performance evaluations, performance management, and leaves.
Update and maintain important DIR documents including internal directories, DIR's portion of the Campus Personnel Directory, DIR organizational chart(s), and DIR business cards, ensuring accuracy of titles and compliance with Institute's visual identity program.
Under the Senior Director's direction, initiate and manage an annual compensation review and any reclassification of all DIR positions.
Under the Senior Director's direction, initiate and manage an annual performance evaluation of all DIR employees, any performance issues, and leaves. Support new annual talent review process.
Under the Senior Director's direction, initiate and manage annual employee engagement survey and analysis and other efforts related to employee satisfaction and recognition.
Assist with meeting scheduling and calendars of the Senior Director of Talent Management and Talent Acquisition Manager; greet visitors; screen, route and/or respond to inquiries and requests for information, assistance and resources; prepare meeting materials and follow up on items from meetings or special requests.
Coordinate candidate interviews for various positions as needed, including travel and hotel accommodations.
Assist with changes in personnel transactions and information using EDA system. Serve as primary DIR manager of central HR database(s).
Coordinate processes for DIR Caltech temporary employees and external temporary employees.
Maintain personnel files for DIR.
Serve as liaison to Human Resources for Caltech-provided training for DIR; communicating and arranging for training such as Caltech management training, Caltech systems, training required or offered by Caltech Human Resources, and Microsoft Office and other applications.
Plan and execute travel arrangements for the Senior Director, including itinerary and coordinate changes during the trip and prepare travel expense reports and monitor expenses.
Monitor and reconcile and assist with developing projections and reports related to Senior Director's operating budget.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of progressively responsible human resources experience.
- Project management experience from concept through completion
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills; must be capable of managing and prioritizing multiple assignments with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to implement and manage projects and programs independently.
- Excellent written communication skills, including strong spelling and grammar proficiencies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and tactfully within Caltech and to external constituents.
- Ability to organize and present information clearly and persuasively.
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with audit procedures and compliance monitoring.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Office and related applications; highly skilled with document preparation, familiarity with database management, and the ability to manipulate data and spreadsheets and organization charts.
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment, juggling and meeting multiple and/or competing deadlines.
- Tact, discretion, diplomacy; experience and judgment to deal appropriately with confidential information. Well spoken and poised, with the highest standards of professionalism maintained at all times.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills, demonstrating a professional and friendly demeanor, including the ability to anticipate and provide friendly and helpful service to internal and external customers
- Ability to approach assignments in a proactive manner and with an eye on continuous improvement of routine processes .
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail and deadlines. Ability to independently prioritize work and apply good judgment and creativity in multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding and judgment related to policy implementation, detail accuracy and timeliness, coordination and problem anticipation, diagnosis and resolution, and sensitivity to appropriateness and compliance.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Experience with orientation and onboarding of new hires.
- Caltech or other Higher Education experience.
- Familiarity with California employment laws.
- Knowledge of human resource business applications and software.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 19 months ago