Job Description:PROGRAM NAME:|
GRADE: A/B 19
OBJECTIVE: To identify and assess client and family
needs and evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary
services and/or treatment are provided; provide in-home
services to clients; complete required assessments;
assist and counsel individuals and families by using
such activities as delineating alternatives, helping to
articulate goals and providing needed information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
referral and linkages) as needed.
- Provide case management services (information, plan
documentation according to contract and CHS standards
- Develop and maintain clinical records and program
(assessments, treatment plans, progress notes,
termination summaries, etc.)
professionals and para-professionals.
- Coordinate and advocate for services with other
community agencies, etc., as needed.
- Conduct community outreach as needed.
- Arrange for transportation of clients to appointments,
related to the client's service plan.
- Work with the client's family to address issues
Medicaid billing department ensuring billing
- Monitor the appropriateness of services to the client.
- Complete billing related documentation for the
documentation is accurate and complete.
document and track outcome measures, regular
- Utilize the Client Information System (CIS) to
documentation and progress notes, demographic
documentation and Child Functional Assessment Rating
and enhanced placement when appropriate.
- Participate in clinical review of client for services
arrange for non-Medicaid funded services.
- Participate in Family Service Planning Team (FSPT) to
needs of the client are being addressed fully (schools,
- Attend staffings on behalf of the client to ensure the
Targeted Case Manager (TCM) services.
- Complete documentation related to authorization for
This list of essential functions is not intended to be
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements.
college with a major in a Human Services related field
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or
and a minimum of one year full time or equivalent
experience working with severely emotionally disturbed
field from an accredited university or college and three
- Bachelor's Degree in a non Human Services related
years full time or equivalent experience working with
severely emotionally disturbed children
targeted case management training within three months of
- Successful completion of AHCA-approved mental health
initially providing Medicaid services
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- Effective assessment skills and intervention
- Ability to identify and understand environmental
functioning of individuals & families
- Ability to observe and report accurately on the
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of sociocultural characteristics of service
- Ability to make home visits
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect
all essential functions
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform
NEEDED: Sitting, reaching, repetitive motion, driving
PREFERRED: Standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
kneeling, pusing/pulling, bending/stooping
Children's Home Society of Florida - 22 months ago