Join our growing team in guiding mega projects to successful completion as a Task Order Manager.
As transit projects become larger and more complex, controlling cost, schedule and quality has gained greater importance. With transit agencies competing for scarce financing, and facing greater scrutiny and accountability of spending, project control measures have become more sophisticated and demanding. Cost and schedule overruns, that in the past were tolerated, are no longer permissible. Tight constraints on projects are now instituted from project inception through start-up and revenue operations. Often, tough decisions have to be made at every phase of the project. Burns has successfully completed oversight of transit projects totaling over $14 billion.
The Task Order Manger is responsible for and should have experience within passenger rail or relations transportation modes that reflects:
- Engineering design management
- Project planning management
- Construction management
- Public outreach management
- Federal grant management process
- Regulatory and compliance experience
- Project oversight services
- Knowledge of the Federal Transit Administrations’ New Starts program.
Minimum Experience Required
- Must have a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering or related field
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable but not required
- At least 5 years of project management oversight in passenger rail or related modes