The American Institutes for Research's (AIR) Health Program offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR health experts provide high-impact research, policy analysis, evaluation, communication, and technical assistance in a stable, yet growing and entrepreneurial environment. Our researchers apply diverse methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches to a variety of health issues, including health reform, delivery system improvement, health care cost and financing, performance measurement, access and disparities, and consumer engagement. Our communication work includes behavior-change communication, communication strategy, national health communication campaigns, and community engagement. Our pursuits are enhanced by the contributions of our web application, digital media, database management, conference planning, and creative and publication services groups. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
As a result of recent and long-term contract awards, we are seeking a Task Support Associate to assist with various complex contract/project tasks directly or indirectly with Clients and other AIR or partner content experts/resources.
- Provide operations task support of a wide range of project, tasks and sub-tasks serving multiple contracts.
- Carry out operations, implementation, and coordination strategies in an integrated fashion with Clients and other AIR staff and partners.
- Work with Senior Project Management staff to assess resource needs.
- Interact with Clients and partner organizations as directed in a professional and productive manner.
- Provide support for planning, coordinating and implementing suitable and appropriate project tasks, including Webinars, education sessions, meetings (on-line and in persons), participants performance assessments, communications, information sharing, and collaborative Web platforms.
- Carry out strategic operations plans in coordination with Senior Operations Management staff.
- Under direction of Senior Project Management, assist in the implementation of training programs.
- Contribute to written reports, help prepare presentations
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and interact with internal and external clients under guidance from Senior Project Management.
- Work with AIR, partner and client staff to identify and prioritize operations work.
- Manage work time, including multiple priorities ensuring that work assignments are completed efficiently and effectively. Solve conflicting priority situations.
- Contribute to team efforts to develop new business, including proposal research and writing, willingness to work on new business efforts while maintaining billability, and developing contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree required – in business, health administration or other relevant field. Master’s or work towards same preferred.
- 2+ years experience in operations support including planning, project management, budget management, health administration, provider relations, technical assistance and partnership development is required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. Interpersonal effectiveness, professionalism, and courtesy in dealings with co-workers, clients, and other company associates required.
- Excellent analytical skills required; ability to carry out multiple deliverables under direction of Senior Project Management, interact with Clients and consultants, carry out implementation plans on a step by step basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information to clients and staff. Ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize scientific, professional, and behavioral science research material into a variety of formats.
- Background and/or experience working in area of health care delivery, health care administration, health care reform, health care finance, health information technology highly desired.
- Ability to use Excel or other spreadsheet software packages; familiarity with GANTT charts, MS Project and other project management software highly desired.
American Institutes for Research - 14 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...