Responsible for handling personal property tax and business license reporting. Ensures take compliance (non-income tax) by adhering to state and local tax laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and timely file various tax returns, including, but not limited to business licenses, gross receipts, row, regulatory, telecom, excise, property renditions/payments, customer exemptions and income tax.
• Work with tax filing vendor, to ensure timely and accurate processing. Prepare wires, obtain approvals and ensure payments are transmitted to vendors.
• Compile, prepare and maintain tax account reconciliations and "to be" defined tax metrics. Prepare tax related journal entries as needed.
• Maintain and fortify centralized tax calendar, RedMoon, to ensure all filings, due dates and payments made are captured accordingly. Prepare Desk Level Procedures for key tax routines.
• Prepares accruals, reserves, budgets and projections to support financial statements.
• Researches all tax issues, inquiries and disputes.
• Responds to inquiries from tax authorities, vendors and business operations.
• Ensures SOX compliance and integrity by adhering to SOX regulations.
• Verifies tax bills and assessments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Licensures: CPA preferred.
Relevant Work Experience: 5-7 years of telecom finance/tax experience
Supervise Staff? No
If yes, please provide list of titles and count.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
• One Source Tax Software
Other Job Specific Skills
• Knowledge of telecom related taxes and billing systems
• Self-starter, willing to recommend and drive change
• Experience and focus on process improvement and/or automation preferred
• Strong Written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi task
XO Communications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including:...