Experience a tax accounting career with more freedom to optimize value and achieve your professional goals. The Tax team at Koch Industries takes greater ownership in their roles through an enhanced knowledge that comes from in-depth interaction with the businesses they support. Here, you can participate in compliance, tax position management, planning, and business consulting for domestic or international operations. By working directly with business leaders to understand the purpose and intricacies of company transactions and procedures, each tax accountant team member is better equipped to apply the appropriate standards in the most efficient way possible. Demonstrate your ability to be inquisitive and explore data to improve processes and pursue career advancement across a wide range of opportunities.
The Tax Accountant role will have responsibility for the tax accounting and federal, state and foreign tax compliance of assigned entities. The Tax Accountant will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of the business reflected in these entities to ensure proper tax treatment of business related issues. The role will also have responsibility for answering audit information requests related to these entities. This position may also be called on to assist with various tasks related to the corporate oversight of the tax compliance procedures.
Work Experience/Skills REQUIRED
- Compliance and tax accounting for assigned Koch businesses
- Preparation of IDR and 5701 responses
- Build relationships and understand tax positions of various assigned Koch businesses
- 2 + years in a financial/accounting role
- 1 + years in a professional tax role
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting theory to ascertain potential tax ramifications of business transactions
- Experience with process improvement, proactively streamlining procedures and reporting
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills, as well as strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interest and aptitude for project management
- Strong compliance orientation
- Strong desire to create value within the role and responsibilities assigned
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated work paper documentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent degree
Work Experience/Skills PREFERRED
- 2+ years in a professional tax role
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate tax matters, particularly federal tax provision and compliance experience
- Previous major CPA firm or large multi-national corporation experience
- FAS 109 accounting experience for income taxes
- Master's degree in Taxation
- CPA certification
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Companies Services, LLC
Koch Industries, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job