‘GOOD ENOUGH’, ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH FOR US
We declare this as our universal goal: to make energy wasting, traditional lighting technologies obsolete through the use of energy-efficient, environmentally friendly LED Lighting. Cree is a premier innovator and manufacturer of semiconductors that enhance the value of solid-state lighting, power and communications products by significantly increasing their energy performance and efficiency. Our products and people are leading the LED lighting revolution and changing the way the world consumes energy.
Headquartered in the heart of Research Triangle Park (RTP) and founded by a group of researchers from NC State University, Cree is bringing clean-tech jobs to North Carolina. Want to grow professionally and promote green technology? We’re not just looking for engineers and scientists. We provide a broad range of career opportunities for every type of professional. Whether you’re an Engineer, Software Developer, or an Accounting/Finance professional, there is a place for you at Cree.
At Cree we don’t settle for ‘good enough’ in our technology and this concept extends to those we hire. We currently have a need for a Tax Accountant within our Tax Department located at our Durham office. If you’re an experienced Finance/Accounting professional who is dedicated to advancing yourself and the organization you work for, then we invite you to read on and see if you have what it takes to join our revolution.
Summary : This tax accountant role will support Cree’s VP-Tax and managers of each major tax area within Cree’s U.S. Tax Department. Responsibilities will include tasks and work opportunities related to domestic income and franchise tax, tax accounting and provisioning, indirect tax, international tax, and transfer pricing. This role is expected to grow and advance as Cree’s tax profilecontinues to gain complexity.
Domestic Income Tax and Provision
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly, Hard Close, and Year End provisions including preparing the provision model, updating memos, preparing new account analyses, preparing Section 199 deduction and UNICAP calculation.
- Responsible for income tax accounting related to fixed assets including depreciation reconciliation of book cost to tax cost, tracking fixed assets to identify impairment costs, and calculating book/tax differences related to fixed assets.
- Complete assigned responsibilities related to state, local, and federal income and franchise tax compliance.
Sales and Use Tax
- Prepare and update estimate to ensure proper liability accrual for property tax and ensure accurate accounting related to all areas of property tax.
- Compile all information required to accurately and timely complete property tax returns, ensure timely filling of property tax returns, review property tax bills for accuracy, and ensure timely payment of all property tax bills.
- Identify and implement improvements to ensure property tax reporting is complete, accurate, and efficient.
- Assist with property tax audits.
International Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Calculate use tax on Cree’s U.S. purchases.
- Ensure proper accounting related to all areas of sales and use tax.
- Identify and implement improvements to ensure sales and use tax reporting is complete, accurate, and efficient.
- Assist with sales and use tax audits.
- Ensure completion of Foreign Bank Account Reporting and U.S. withholding tax returns.
- Complete assigned responsibilities related to international tax compliance.
- Assist with transfer pricing including data analysis and reporting.
- BS/BA or Masters degree in Tax, Accounting, or related field of study
- CPA or CPA eligible having completed courses required to sit for exam
- Displays Cree’s Core Values
- One to two year’s corporate tax experience, preferably public accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow within the organization
- Self-motivated with drive and initiative
- Organized with the ability to work on many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented with a focus on completing a work product requiring minimal changes
- Comfortable compiling, analyzing, and organizing large volumes of data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with high proficiency in Excel
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...