Job Description Assists in providing state and local tax compliance services and federal compliance services to assigned business segments and related subsidiaries and operations. Participates in the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns and filings. Participates in moderately-complex portions of the year-end consolidated tax package which support the provisions reported in external financial reporting. Prepares special projects, including work on routine audit requests and research of moderately complex tax problems/issues. Works closely with team members and legal entity contacts. College degree with a concentration in Accounting. 2-4 years tax/accounting experience. Exposure to a variety of software applications, including spreadsheet and tax compliance applications..
- Prepare state premium, sales & use and personal property returns, estimated payments, respond to notices received from taxing authorities, and other relevant activities.
- Prepare some state income & franchise tax returns and associated estimated payments
- Support accounting for state income taxes and premium taxes, as appropriate.
- Participate in management of state income tax and appropriate non-income tax balance sheet and P&L accounts, including preparing estimate-to-actual calculations.
- Conduct tax research, as appropriate.
- Support state income and premium tax audits, as appropriate/necessary..
CIGNA - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...