ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Size: Medium
- Type: Privately Held
- General Location: West Houston
The Tax Accountant will perform tax compliance work and research of S and C Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, and Individuals. The primarily responsibilities will include Federal and State Income Tax and Franchise Tax.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Compliance preparation of federal and state income and franchise tax returns for all affiliated companies including:
- Preparing supporting work papers
- Maintaining tax files
- Downloading computerized general ledger information into Excel/Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets and converting the data in the files into the form necessary to transfer data to Fast Tax Bridge
- Processing tax returns through Fast Tax GoSystem using Bridge
- Communicate and coordinate with accounting personnel / controllers to obtain required data.
- Assist tax senior in preparation of quarterly taxable income estimates (federal and state) and year -end basis calculations for all companies.
- Research issues relating to taxation of the various entities and shareholders.
- Assist accountants in the review of categorization and coordination of unique transactions.
- Correspond to tax authorities concerning notices.
- Achievement oriented and self motivated.
- Capability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and accept a significant amount of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments and company personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong workpaper techniques.
- Proficient with current accounting and specialized tax computer applications.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university
- Direct hire
PAY & BENEFITS
- Salary $60,000 - $65,000
- Working Hours 36.5 hour week: Monday – Thursday 8:30-5pm, Friday 8:30-4pm
- Great Benefits Package