DRW Trading Group is a principal trading organization, meaning all of our trading is for our own account, and all of our methods, systems and applications are solely for our own use. Unlike hedge funds, brokerage firms and banks, DRW has no investors, clients or customers. DRW trades actively in a wide range of assets classes both domestically and internationally.
DRW is headquartered in Chicago and has offices in New York, London and Connecticut. We currently employ over 450 people worldwide from many different disciplines and backgrounds.
We are looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join our accounting and finance team.
- Coordinate third-party preparation of K-1 schedules on outside/family office investments
- Coordinate tax planning associated with real estate and related private investments: includes 1031 Exchange alternatives and capital gains/ordinary income structures
- General tax planning including GRATS and other estate planning structures
- Track investment portfolio (reporting and updating financial information) – monthly and quarterly reporting.
o Understanding of US Federal depreciation methods
- 4 – 6 years of experience in the Taxation Practice of a Public Accounting firm, or in the private Financial Services sector with a Limited Liability Companies / Partnership tax structure.
- Extensive experience working with financial service companies, with experience in derivative taxation a big plus
- Preparation of Partnership Tax Returns (1065 and 1065 K-1 forms)
- Experience with working with operating agreements and income allocation methods within an LLC
- Understanding of estimated taxes / payments and safe harbor provisions
- Working knowledge of the following Code Sections / Regulations / Tax topics:
o Permanent Establishment Principles
o Experience with UK based Taxation, both Limited Company and LLP
o Any other international based experience, in particular Canada and Germany
o Experience with Real Estate based taxation
In addition, it is important for the candidates to be able to balance working with complex tax topics and being able to apply them practically. He or she needs to be able to communicate their positions clearly, and be able to work closely with the CFO, firm partners and outside tax professionals.
- Advanced to expert Microsoft Excel skills
Keyword: Tax, Family Office, Real Estate Tax
From: DRW Trading Group
DRW Trading Group - 20 months ago