Denbury Resources Inc. located in Plano, is searching for a Tax Accountant to help in the tax department.
This position requires a candidate with a desire to learn and excel in federal and state taxation. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in preparing various components of the federal income tax returns, both corporate and partnership. Some state experience is a plus, but is not required.
This position also involves tax analysis on related financial statement issues, tax research/planning projects and assisting with FAS 109.
- Preparation of the federal tax returns
- Preparation of the state tax returns
- Ability to analyze financial data/transactions and their impact on taxes
- Preparation of depreciation and depletion calculations
- Preparation of certain areas of the quarterly/year-end tax provision
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Professional and polished demeanor
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Office software competency
- Advanced Excel skills
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- The initiative to take on additional projects as required
- Corporate or Partnership preparation experience a plus
- One to three years of corporate tax and/or public accounting experience
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience with Vertex Income Tax compliance (VantageTax') software preferred
BBA or BS in Accounting, MS in Tax preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Denbury Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Outstanding Denbury Benefits Include:
Denbury Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is a Drug Free Environment.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits on 1st Day of Employment!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, with company contribution
- Great Long Term Incentives, i.e. Equity Opportunities
- 401k, including company match
- Generous Vacation/Sick Time
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Employer-paid Life, short term and long term insurance
- Gift Matching Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Relaxed work culture
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard