The Tax Accountant will maintain tax records and prepare tax returns, related schedules, and related reports. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring the corporation’s compliance with all domestic and international federal, state, and local tax laws.
Knowledge & Skills
- Prepare and analyze tax records and reports.
- Prepare local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Responsible for monthly updates of tax schedules and various reports.
- Generate monthly journal entries.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly sales and use tax returns and other excise tax returns under the direction of the supervisor or senior staff.
- Review actual invoices as needed to determine applicable taxes.
- Complete domestic, international, and specialty tax research as assigned.
- Assist with monitoring and facilitating the renewal of the Company’s domestic and international business licenses / registrations.
- Assist with general departmental administrative matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Demonstrate proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and other Microsoft applications is a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency in on-line tax research applications such as CCH, BNA, and/or IBFD.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Income Tax Law.
- Knowledge of Sales & Use Taxes, Property Taxes, VAT, or international tax laws is a plus.
- Knowledge of HFM, Hyperion, Costpoint, OneSource, PinPoint, Blackline, PeopleSoft, On-Base, and Documentum is a plus
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and communication skills.
- Results oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills and ablilty to work independently.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax.
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience in tax or accounting.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
DynCorp International LLC. - 14 months ago
- 5 days ago
Tax Staff Accountant
Rhodes Osiek Patyk & Company
- 11 days ago
Honda of Burleson
Honda of Burleson
- 30+ days ago