Maintains tax accounting processes and systems. Performs standard to complex tax accounting duties and produces standard tax accounting reports, i.e. tax returns, etc. Ensures compliance of mandated tax laws and regulations in a timely and accurate fashion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Compute assigned book/tax differences
Prepare and compile tax returns
Administration of tax preparation software
Provide support for various departments concerning tax issues that may arise in the daily operations of the companies
Research tax laws and maintain tax calendars
Assist supervisor with tax audits and input data for return and supporting forms
Periodically update tax history database and system profiles as needed
Strong computer skills.
Knowledge of Accounting principles.
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Education Required: BS Accounting (or Equivalent)
- Innovative in developing best practices to effectively use company accounting systems and resources.
- A self-starter, showing appropriate judgment in problematic situations.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to team with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization.
- Must be able to interact with and respond to external audit/senior management inquires.
- Effective in project and time management. Showing an ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Enthusiastic about developing new skills; both technical and professional.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Accountable and able to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Experience Required: 3-6 years in tax, accounting or financial analysis