GreenStone Farm Credit Services is a $6 billion financial services institution with 475 employees in 37 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals
The purpose of this position is to deliver outstanding service, which exceeds customers’ expectations. The incumbent will complete individual, partnership, or business tax returns or other activities related to these returns. The incumbent is responsible for providing timely and accurate farm records to customers, including on-farm accounting services.
- Gather necessary information from customer via telephone or face-to-face interview to be used for completion of tax services
- Complete individual and business income tax returns, extensions and amendments
- Actively and aggressively market tax and accounting services by devoting time making sales calls to existing and prospective customers. Make on-farm sales calls with Financial Services Officers as requested
- Conduct audit and tax planning services and advise clients regarding effects of business activities on taxes
- Ensures that client complies with periodic payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements
- Actively up-sell and cross-sell products and make referrals to other GreenStone sales staff
- Establish ongoing prospecting plans and activities and pursue referrals from other GreenStone staff.
- Gather information and build customer relationships by listening to their needs, identifying latent needs and providing solutions or alternatives
- Perform monthly payroll and accounts payable function for customers either on farm or service bureau using AgManager or Quickbooks
- Prepare 1099 forms for customers as necessary
- Perform miscellaneous accounting duties for customers as required.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in tax or accounting
- Possession of Enrolled Agent certification or CPA is preferred
- Must pass the Farm Credit Income Tax Certification Exam
- Strong understanding of tax laws and accounting principals
- Agricultural background is highly desired.
GreenStone has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan – up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- $100/year Logo Wear allowance
- $400/year Computer Subsidy/Reimbursement
*** Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter
- Tuition Reimbursement ($3,750 for BA, $5,250 for MA, per year)
Please visit the GreenStone website at
Farm Credit Network
- 2 years ago - save job