Responsible for assisting Tax Compliance Manager in federal and state tax compliance and related matters, including the development of provisions, tax returns, intercompany transactions and various related special projects for Safran USA and its subsidiaries and affiliates. The position will also entail work on projects related to tax planning, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, transfer pricing, sales/use, and specific international tax topics. The position also requires frequent coordination with Safran USA’s various affiliates, customers, vendors, and independent accountants. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to work in a detail-oriented environment, and engage in frequent correspondence with individuals in the finance departments of various Safran USA affiliates.
- Report to Tax Compliance Manager and assist in the preparation of U.S. Corporate Income Tax Returns for Safran USA, its subsidiaries, and affiliates,
- Assist in preparation of the tax provision and deferred tax account analysis (FAS 109 tax accounting) for Safran USA and its subsidiaries for reporting to Safran Group,
- Prepare reconciliations of various intercompany accounts and transactions necessary for internal control purposes throughout tax compliance process,
- Complete sales/use and property tax returns,
- Assist on special projects related to tax planning, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, transfer pricing and specific international tax topics,
- Develop and respond to information requests from internal and external financial auditors and federal/state revenue agencies,
- Conduct general tax research, advice and services to internal clients as requested,
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in a complex, detail-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field, with strong academic credentials.
- Two to three years of broad tax experience in a corporate tax department or consulting firm, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in federal and state income taxation required.
- Broad experience in international, sales/use, VAT and property taxes preferred.