We have an immediate opening for a Tax Analyst I at our Monroe, Louisiana Corporate office.
- Prepare Federal and State income tax returns, extensions and estimated tax payments.
- Interprets basic to moderately complex book and tax rules.
- Reads and adheres to general accounting and tax practices and procedures.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of controls.
- Assists in the day to day maintenance of complete and accurate tax related information and in preparing basic to moderately complex tax and financial records.
- Conducts basic to intermediate research on issues. Conducts or assists in the documentation of simple to intermediate analysis projects.
- Obtains source data, crunches numbers, tracks, maintains and analyzes data and provides as requested. Builds basic to moderately complex tax models and calculations.
- Assists with maintaining databases.
- Receives general supervision and detailed instruction on new projects.
- Uses judgment and policies to reach solutions.
- Understands company practices and interfaces with some management levels.
- Moderate interaction with outside tax consultants and taxing jurisdictions.
- Assignments range from routine to moderately complex and have well established methods of completion.
- Work typically requires utilization of general to intermediate accounting and tax principles, methods and concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum two to three years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
- CPA preferred.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job