We have an immediate opening for a Sales Tax Analyst II/Accountant responsible for providing compliance support, including preparation and review of tax returns or payments. This position also provides support to the Manager of Transaction Tax Compliance. In addition, this position will be assigned various projects associated with state and local taxes.
- Prepare and review tax returns with an emphasis on sales use, E911, gross receipts, municipal franchise, business license, and other similar returns.
- Must maintain compliance with corporate policies that are determined by management.
- Assure accurate tax information is communicated to other staff members, other departments, tax consultants and in some cases accountants, attorneys and counterparts in industry.
- Assist the Manager of Transaction Tax Compliance in developing tax policies that are consistent with management's business objectives.
- Responsible for filing newsletters, tax reporting services and other technical research materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Two years of accounting or tax related work experience.
- Computer and office machines skills.
- Ability to work effectively with coworkers.
- An understanding of the accounting specifications.
- Analytical skills and ability to handle challenges.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Detail oriented and self motivated.
- Experience in Tax return preparation.
- Working knowledge of Web Focus, Excel, SAP.
- Knowledge of telephony.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Prior office experience.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard