This Tax Analyst III position is primarily responsible for preparing and reviewing state transaction tax returns, researching and evaluating alternative tax positions, and supporting the Company's compliance with financial statement reporting requirements. The position may also involve working with federal and/or state income tax returns. Main areas of responsibility and key activities include but are not limited to:
- Provides input and reviews initiatives and processes to ensure effective implementation and alignment with business objectives.
- Consults with Tax managers and customers to identify needs.
- Works on multiple projects and initiatives to implement strategies and values.
- Implements strategic plans consistent with the overall goals of the company.
- Analyzes the financial and accounting impact of various alternatives, and supports the audit and controversy resolution process.
- Strong tax knowledge in the areas of state transaction tax and/or income tax.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a workload involving multiple projects and tasks with different deadlines.
- Strong computer, process management and financial analysis skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of ASC 740 and SOX related financial statement disclosure requirements.
- Experience with Vertex, Oracle General Ledger, or corporate income tax software.
- Masters of Tax degree and or Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of four to six years state transaction tax experience.
WPX Energy - 19 months ago
WPX Energy is an exploration and production company focused on developing its significant natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil reserves,...