This position reports to the Senior Director, Tax and provides an opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of US and international taxes. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates initiative, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and knowledge of US and international tax laws and reporting requirements. Success in this position will require a strong attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel in a changing environment. This position will interact with the Company’s Internal Accounting and Finance team as well as external financial and tax auditors/third-party providers.
- Assist in the tax compliance function, including extensions, estimated payments, federal and state returns, annual reports, property tax returns, Canadian HST/GST and Ireland PSWT.
- Maintain the tax calendar and payment schedules.
- Organization and filing of tax and tax related documents.
- Maintain tax fixed asset books in Sage FAS.
- Prepare tax related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of the quarterly tax provision.
- Resolve and respond to tax notices as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of tax reporting, compliance, and accounting policies.
- Participate in tax process optimization.
- Research tax issue
- Assist in ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in tax or accounting.
- Minimum or 3 years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- Ability to work independent and collaboratively to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or SAP, Sage FAS Fixed Assets and Checkpoint a plus.
- Detail oriented and willingness to roll up sleeves.
Genomic Health - 20 months ago
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world’s leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment...