HCC Service Company, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Tax Analyst at our corporate office located in Houston, TX. The Tax Analyst prepares Federal and state income tax returns, estimated taxes, income tax accruals and federal and state tax true-up computations for a large consolidated multinational group of entities. Also, responds to state and IRS notices, information document requests and completes special projects as requested.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review Federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimates.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual tax accruals and return-to-accrual true-up computations.
- Respond to notices and audit inquiries from the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Maintain tax depreciation records
- Prepare and record income tax related journal entries
- Research and document issues related to various technical tax and GAAP topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- CPA designation or completed parts preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive Tax experience with concentration in areas of corporate consolidated returns and state income tax issues
- Public accounting Tax experience in large firm preferred
- Understanding of GAAP tax accounting concepts
- Experience using specialized income tax software
- Experience with insurance taxation, a plus
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of tax law and GAAP principles, practices, and procedures
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, tax updates and technical developments related to the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
HCC Service Company, Inc. offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. is a leading specialty insurer with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland,...