CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
The Tax Associate works as a member of the Client Services group of CBIZ in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many of the duties of an entry level accountant including working directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
- National level training resources and technology
- Development of leadership and networking skills
- Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
- Mentoring by Managers & Directors
- Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
A successful candidate will have:
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple tax assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing and many more industries
- Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
- Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on tax methodology
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM!
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- CPA eligible; desire to obtain certification is required
- Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and tax project management skills, including basic knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Visit us online at www.facebook.com/cbizmhmcareers or www.cbiz.jobs !
E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) is one of the nation's leading providers of professional business consulting services with careers available in Financial...