If you'd like to see your career go places only a global communications leader can take it, apply today.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Oversee third party outsourced compliance process which includes the filing of Federal Excise Taxes, State and Local Sales and Use Returns, and Gross Receipts.
- Assurance all returns are filed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Federal, State, and Local Laws.
- Manage Jurisdictional Tax correspondence.
- Take Lead with preparing Federal, State, and Local Audit requests.
- Perform monthly review of & validation of taxability of high value items.
- Conduct sample audit of business unit taxable / exempt items to ensure accuracy of taxes assessed; take corrective action as required to prevent future overpayments / underpayments etc...
- Perform historical reviews of Sales & Use Tax payments and identify opportunities to claim refunds.
- Manage refund claim process and reverse audits.
- Work with designated external 3rd parties and subject matter experts to identify opportunities to reduce Sales & Use Tax liability.
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Assist Business Units in resolving Sales & Use Tax related issues
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in projects related to the application of tax laws and the preparation of Federal, State, or Local Tax Returns.
- Broad knowledge of Federal, State, and local non-income tax laws and regulations.
- Prior experience with maintaining complete and accurate tax records, preparing reports, and providing recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Want to make your mark, both as a team member and as an individual? Verizon could be just the place for you. Apply right away for this exceptional opportunity.
- Strong Sales & Use compliance experience
- Project based experience
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 15 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...