Tax Consultant, Provisions
Our client, a Global Asset Management and Investment Advisory firm, is seeking a Tax professional to join their Corporate Tax Department in NYC. This individual will mainly be responsible for doing Provisions and should have extensive experience with Vertex software.
Broad Function and Scope of the Position:
- The Company is a consolidated, domestic group, with virtually no international exposure. Company and its subsidiaries operate in five states, but primarily in NYC.
- Provision calculation is in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including full footnote disclosures for the nonpublic, audited F/S of both the consolidated Company and one Delaware trust company subsidiary.
- Company files consolidated federal and combined NYS and NYC returns, paying only NYS and NYC capital taxes.ANY trust company subsidiary files separate NYS and NYC returns and a DE trust company subsidiary files a DE return.
- Audits by the principal jurisdictions completed in recent years resulted in only minor adjustments.No audits currently under way or announced.
- Under a tax sharing agreement in place, each company's provision is calculated on a separate-company basis, with periodic net settlement payments made.
- Company has large federal, state (multiple) and NYC NOLs.
- A full valuation allowance on the net DTA (except the state and local DTA of two profitable subsidiaries) will remain in place for 2013.
- Numerous timing differences, including Stock Incentive Plan, postretirement benefits and G.P. investments in limited partnerships (numerous small K-1's are received).Permanent differences are very minor.
- Provision incudes a fairly extensive FIN48 analysis.
- A preliminary Section 382 analysis was undertaken at 12/31/12; certain 5% stockholder data isn't yet finalized.
- Company uses Vertex software for both its provision and tax compliance; experience with this software is a must.
All qualified candidates should email an MS Word version of their resume to email@example.com
**Look like a great job - just not right for you? REFER a friend - we offer a generous referral bonus - it's a great way to help someone out - and earn a few thousand $$$ in the process!**
Linium Resources - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard