Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Corporate Tax team. With more than 2300 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
The Corporate Finance department of Alvarez & Marsal is seeking a Tax Coordinator to support the Corporate Tax function in New York City.
- Prepare state annual reports and miscellaneous other state and local filings.
- Prepare various non-U.S. informational returns as necessary.
- Assist internal tax team and tax preparers with compiling and filing quarterly estimated tax payments, extensions, and annual returns. Monitor and update the tax calendar of the company’s local filings.
- Update electronic database of federal, state and local income tax returns and tax notices.
- Prepare check and EFT requests for all tax payments. Orchestrate the processing of all tax payments and tax refunds with detailed record keeping.
- Prepare and process general correspondence and assist with preparing internal presentations.
- Assist with processing and tracking payment of vendor invoices.
- Manage record retention of departmental files for on-site inventory and remote archiving.
- Assist internal tax team and tax preparers as necessary with data collection and processing.
- Liaise with other finance functions and the Legal function to support flows of data and information.
- Collect partner tax-related information, certifications and forms as necessary.
Alvarez & Marsal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Alvarez & Marsal via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written and approved Service Agreement in place for this position from Alvarez & Marsal HR will be deemed the sole property of Alvarez & Marsal. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Alvarez & Marsal as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrate relevant experience; accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management,...