This role will report to the Tax Controller and be responsible for the management of all financial reporting requirements of income taxes.
Major responsibilities include:
- Consolidating the forecasted effective tax rate (“ETR”)
- Managing the potential upsides/downsides to the ETR forecast, including both foreign and domestic issues
- Financial statement reporting and disclosure requirements for tax matters, including drafting the tax footnote and MD&A
- Coordination of the quarterly FIN 48 process and the quarterly/annual review by both external and internal auditors
- Special projects (e.g., internal controls, tax accounting initiatives)
The successful candidate will have a strong working relationship with the Tax Management Team and regular exposure with the VP-Tax, the Corporate Controller, the CFO, as well as interaction with External Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and internal and external auditors.
- 10+ years experience in tax accounting area (Big 4 public accounting experience strongly desirable)
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 (formerly FAS109 and FIN 48) and ability to apply excellent judgement on tax accounting matters
- Team player with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated individual with ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in time-sensitive periods
- Desire to drive continuous improvement processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong computer and system skills
- BS in Accounting, Business or Finance with a CPA preferred
Monsanto - 14 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...