Being a part of the Sleepy’s family means representing the #1 mattress retailer in America . For over 50 years, Sleepy’s has defined the mattress industry by offering our customers unsurpassed service and a comprehensive education on the power of sleep. Our message goes beyond selling mattresses. We are committed to helping people achieve better health, and a better life, thanks to a better night’s sleep.
We are passionate about building our team and welcome energetic, dynamic and professional individuals who share in our commitment to excellence. We are proud of our ongoing expansion and the career development opportunities available throughout the Sleepy’s organization.
Detailed Description We are currently seeking highly skilled and motivated students to participate in our SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM .
During the internship program, students will learn our business processes; will be mentored by experienced professionals and given instructions that will help them apply theory to real world business issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Job Requirements · Students must be able to make a commitment of at least 100 hours of service
- Working alongside our tax team, providing general assistance for all corporate tax functions, including income, transactional, and state/local taxes
- Assist with filing multiple types of state and local business tax returns
- Assist if necessary with filing various business licenses for all locations including registering new locations and renewing existing locations
- Assist in reviewing A/P invoices in the Oracle ERP and Vertex tax accrual software systems by researching tax determination
- Assist with personal property tax filings
- Research tax law and apply to specific situations
- Manipulate/analyze various excel spreadsheets
- Assist in responding to requests/notices from various state and local taxing jurisdictions
- Assist in preparation of annual reports
- Prepare and file business privilege tax and various local tax filings for selected locations
- Accurately and timely prepare check requests for the payment of various tax related bills/invoices
Additional Details Sleepy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent general computer aptitude including working knowledge of Microsoft suite (mainly Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Must be a quality focused individual
- Proven ability to perform independently with minimal supervision
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality