DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks an adaptable, detail-oriented individual with strong communication skills for the New York office. This person will adeptly provide a broad range of secretarial, administrative and clerical support to one or more partners, associates and/or paralegals.
- Under attorney supervision, creates, transcribes, revises, proofreads and maintains a variety of legal documents.
- Maintains calendars and other time tables for matters to include scheduling/coordinating meetings and making travel arrangements for assigned lawyers and other team members.
- Coordinates meetings, sends invitations, books conference rooms, orders food/beverages services, etc.
- Manages lawyers' daily time entry in an efficient and organized manner. Reviews proformas before giving to attorney to review.
- Answers telephones and takes detailed messages as necessary. Works with clients, firm attorneys and outside counsel.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, UPS, and Express packages on a daily basis.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information in a professional and trustworthy manner.
- Reviews, prints and files emails for attorneys which relates to client files.
- Maintains and updates attorney contacts lists and office contact lists. Creates labels from lists and sends mailings as directed by attorneys.
- Prepares expense reports and check requests for attorneys and sends for processing. Follows-up as necessary
- Interacts with other departments to retrieve information such as marketing brochures, clients information, etc.
- May work with attorneys to manage and administer conflicts process for the intake of new matters.
- Assists attorneys with administrative tasks related to CLE programs (e.g., registration, obtaining materials, tracking CLE credits in attorney's log, etc.)
Four (4) years' experience as a legal secretary or similar position preferably in a law firm or for a tax professional. Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong research and organizational skills required as well as excellent proofreading and attention to detail.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with 4,200 lawyers located in more than 30 countries throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, positioning us to help companies with their legal needs anywhere in the world. DLA Piper places a special emphasis on both diversity in the workplace and respect for the individual.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
Please apply online: http://www.dlapiper.com.
Only those qualified applicants submitting a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements will be considered. No agency submissions accepted.
DLA Piper is an EEO/AA employer-M/F/D/V.
DLA Piper - 14 months ago