Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. is a premier quick service restaurant franchisor with a leading position in the coffee, bakery and ice cream segments of the QSR category. With more than 16,000 points of distribution in 54 countries, and approximately 150 years of combined history, our brands are two of the most loved around the world.
Dunkin’ Donuts – the largest coffee and baked goods restaurant in the world, with loyal customers in 30 countries.
Baskin-Robbins – the world's largest hard serve ice cream franchise .
For more information, please visit www.dunkinbrands.com .
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager to join the Dunkin' Brands team!
Provide directional leadership, supervision and mentoring to Tax Accountant. Provide tax information and technical expertise to internal and external business partners. Work in conjunction with the Sr. Tax Manager to ensure timely and accurate completion of all tax compliance work, tax accounting and tax research projects.
The primary accountabilities for this position include:
· Ensure that all tax compliance is completed in a timely and accurate manner. 40%
· Ensure that all tax accounting work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. 20%
· Provide leadership, direction and coaching to Tax Accountant. 10%
· Resolve issues for business partners with timely and accurate responses to inquiries. 10%
· Identify, suggest and implement policy changes and process improvements. 10%
· Perform tax research, to resolve tax compliance and planning questions. 5%
Special projects for internal or external business partners.
Select, engage, manage and develop a best in class team.
Recognize and celebrate the contributions and achievements of others
- Partner with the Sr. Tax Manager to have a positive impact on the tax department and organization
- Create commitment and excitement around shared goals and value. Translate organizational goals into challenging individual performance goals and success measures.
- Set and communicate standards to ensure quality. Hold self and others accountable for actions and decisions
- Create an environment that values cultural diversity and other differences in the workplace . Create strong two way communication and dialogue
- Rigorously assess talent. Provide constructive, actionable feedback and coaching. Provide meaningful development plans and discussions. Regularly build development opportunities into each individual’s job
Project Team Member
Participate in the initiation and planning phases by gathering project data and requirements and providing input on project activities and timing. Utilize project management tools and disciplines to complete project assignments and meet deadlines. Help identify and resolve project–related risks and issues. Participate in the evaluation of the project by giving input for post-project evaluations and lessons learned.
Primary responsibility for the planning, execution and evaluation of the project. Select, direct and provide coaching and feedback to the project team. Monitor and report project status to the team, sponsors and leadership. Utilize project management tools and disciplines to execute project processes, including: risk management, issues resolution, change management, quality assurance, and document management. Ensure project deliverables are completed, with quality, in a timely manner. Lead project evaluation and close.
Build and gain support for business case. Ensure project is aligned with short term and long term organizational strategy. Select, direct and provide coaching and feedback to the project manager. Review and approve plans, budget, resources, and timeline. Ensure the identification and resolution of project related issues and barriers. Approve final deliverables, and lead project evaluation and close.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following :
Supervisory and Advisory Responsibilities
- Oversee maintenance, integrity, transparency and modification, where required, of all critical Excel spreadsheets that support calculations for tax provisions, tax returns, estimated/installment tax payments and projections of annual tax provision, tax rate and cash taxes payable.
- Oversee creation of new Excel spreadsheet models, where required
- Supervise and review the organization and maintenance of all tax records, including tax returns, extensions and estimated tax payments, tax provisions & projections and all supporting tax workpapers
- Research current and proposed U.S. and Canada federal & state/provincial tax legislation, analyze potential impact and plan for implementation as required
- Provide tax advice and customer service to local Dunkin Brands departments and brand teams as required; requires research and analysis on issues and inquiries.
- Assist in mentoring, developing and training senior tax accountant, in the areas of tax compliance, tax research and particularly tax accounting.
- Supervise and review preparation of non income tax returns not prepared by outsourcing partners.
- Supervise and review data and responses provided for inquiries related to tax audits of income, sales and use. personal property, Canada GST
- Participate in special tax projects as required
Bachelor’s degree. MST, CPA or MBA Preferred. 3 – 5 years public accounting experience. 4 –6 years corporate tax experience. Strong corporate of tax knowledge including the following:
FAS 109 & FIN 48 U.S. federal & state taxation
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please apply by clicking the link below. You can also view all jobs on our career site at https://careers.dunkinbrands.com .
Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status or any other legally protected category.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please email us at Careers@Dunkinbrands.com and include the nature of your request, your name and preferred method of contact. Requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case by case basis. Any application materials submitted will not be considered and we will not respond to any inquires made that are unrelated to requests for reasonable accommodation by individuals with disabilities.