Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
We are seeking an experienced Tax Manager for our Chicago office to help grow our corporate tax group. In this role, you will be directly involved with the client relationship and planning process by leading engagement teams, managing work flow and providing additional services to clients.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With more than 1400 staff, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various multinational client engagements.
- Manage engagements through a teaming structure, leveraging resources appropriately and developing a team that will enhance client experience.
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and implications to owners.
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area.
- Manage and lead the staff through structured mentorship program and informal coaching, including coordination of on the job training. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals process. Including being a formal performance counselor for staff.
- Participate in new business development activities and specific initiatives for the firm/Chicago office while maintaining primary and active relationships with key business contacts and referral sources.
- Participate and instruct tax staff training within the Chicago office and at firm training events.
- Oversee administrative and risk management tasks including engagement letter and fee management, billing, and collections.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- CPA with heavy experience in Corporations (consolidated returns), ASC 740, and FIN 48.
- Experience working with manufacturing and distribution companies, with domestic and international elements, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in professional accounting functions including a minimum of 1 year of supervisory responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize...