**Position may reside in Orlando, FL or Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the CHEP USA Tax department; this hands on position will be the liaison between the Business Unit and Corporate. Responsibilities include overseeing the preparation of Sales & Use and Property Tax Returns for multi-state and various localities, perform related research, manage tax calendar and ensure all returns, extensions and payments are timely filed and appropriate documentation is maintained, manage income tax provision, monitor changes in tax law and impact on business, identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies, review customer’s exemption process, manages tax related audits and maintains a positive relationship with customers (internal and external) as well as other departments.
• Responsible for review and timely submission of tax returns; including sales and use, personal property tax returns, business license filings and charitable foundation income tax return.
• Perform research, planning, analysis of tax laws, document positions, monitor changes and assess impact to organization.
• Responsible for tax accruals.
• Maintain and review customer exemption process, including the review of applicable laws to approve or deny exemptions.
• Prepare and/or review supporting documentation for tax filings.
• Work with cross functional departments to implement and achieve tax reduction strategies.
• Ensure timely and accurate compliance with tax laws/regulations.
• Contact state and local tax agencies to resolve notices and/or outstanding issues to ensure minimal penalties/interest.
• Respond to inquiries from other business areas/departments, research tax/laws regulations and provide company-wide guidance on other tax related issues as necessary.
• Manages relationship with tax preparers and consultants for preparation of tax returns and applicable projects.
• Manages tax related audits.
• Collaborates with internal and external auditors.
• Collaborates with VP of Tax for possible international implications of the US business
• Assist with other special project assignments.
• 8 to 10 years of tax experience with at least 5 years of prior management experience.
• 4 years of experience in a public accounting environment with a solid technical background. Prior Big 4 firm experience a must.
• Experience and understanding of tax research methods with the ability to research complex tax issues.
• Problem solving skills with the ability to write memoranda.
• Working knowledge with Sales & Use as well as Property Taxation
• Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail; results oriented
• Strong customer relationship skills and ability to interact with customers at all levels
• Ability to seek out and make suggestions for improving practices/processes.
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, SAP and Vertex O Series
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field. Advance degree in tax or law is highly desirable and/or CPA required.
Brambles hopes customers will call on CHEP to help them schlep goods through the supply chain. Brambles' primary subsidiary is CHEP, a...